Thursday, February 5, 2009

I AM WORTH A LOT

so i was actually having a discussion with this a certain someone about females and certain characteristics that they have. from this convo i've gained information at least from one perspective that black women are very stubborn and confrontational. they have bad attitudes and just problems with men in general. I tried to argue that if guys weren't such animals then MAYBE attitudes and such would change. but i didnt win that one. :( being submissive also was another thing brought up. I always thought i knew what that meant but i had to look it up again just to make sure i was even on the right track. 

submissive
inclined or willing to submit to orders or wishes of others or showing such inclination; "submissive servants"; "a submissive reply"; "replacing troublemakers with more submissive people"

hmmm... well for some reason that kind of bothers me in a sense. when looking this word up i found that when the source went to use it in a sentence they would relate it to a slave. i'm no slave or servant so maybe they should find another way to use that word in a sentence. i suppose that i would have to step foot in that "bin" and say that i have a problem with submissiveness because when I was, i got played. so its only natural that i women, especially black women, would have their guards up or have an issue with it. once the walls go down and people get comfortable things change. most times it goes from good to ok... then ok to bad... then bad to slashing tires. HAHA, i'm kiddin but you catch my drift. my point is that, while having this convo it reminded me of this little story my old roomie posted. it's very true. so enjoy.

"I AM WORTH A LOT"
In a brief conversation, a man asked a woman he was pursuing the
question "What kind of man are you looking for?" She sat quietly for a
moment before looking him in the eye and asking, "Do you really want to
know?" Reluctantly, he said, "Yes." She began to expound... "As a woman
in this day and age, I am in a position to ask a man what he can do for
me that I can't do for myself. I pay my own bills. I take care of my
household without the help of any man...or woman for that matter. I am
in the position to ask, "What can you bring to the table?"

The man looked at her. Clearly he thought that she was referring to
money. She quickly corrected his thought and stated, "I am not referring
to money." "I need something more". "I need a man who is striving for
perfection in every aspect of life." He sat back in his chair, folded
his arms, and asked her to explain. She said, "I am looking for someone
who is striving for perfection mentally because I need conversation and
mental stimulation." "I don't need a simple-minded man." "I am looking
for someone who is striving for perfection spiritually because I don't
need to be unequally yoked...believers mixed with unbelievers is a
recipe for disaster." "I need a man who is striving for perfection
financially because I don't need a financial burden." "I am looking for
someone who is sensitive enough to understand what I go through as a
woman, but strong enough to keep me grounded." "I am looking for someone
who I can respect." "In order to be submissive, I must respect him." "I
cannot be submissive to a man who isn't taking care of his business." "I
have no problem being submissive...he just has to be worthy." "God made
woman to be a helpmate for man." "I can't help a man if he can't help
himself." 

When she finished her spill, she looked at him. He sat there with a
puzzled look on his face. He said, "You are asking a lot." She replied,
"I'm worth a lot."

1 comment: